In this post I will be reviewing 2 facial oils/serums from Antipodes: The Divine Face Oil which I mentioned above and the Joyous Protein-Rich Night Replenish Serum.
Divine Face Oil – Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip
I've been using this oil for nearly 2 years. Daily use of the Divine face oil has made my skin feels more supple, healthy and hydrated. My daily routine involves applying 1-2 drops of the Divine Face Oil after cleansing and before applying moisturiser both day and night. It doesn't leave my skin greasy or oily and it keeps my very dry skin hydrated all day and night. I usually apply a few more drops at night time and in the morning I wake up with soft, smooth and hydrated skin. The oil definitely gives my skin that extra hydration boost that it needs especially in winter time.
- Very light and non-greasy while still hydrating and moisturising
- Improves my skin leaving it with a healthy glow
- Works well applied under make up
- A few little drops goes a long way! Usually the bottle lasts me around 4 months using it twice daily.
- Easy to apply, comes with a little dropper.
- Certified organic and full of great ingredients for your skin.
- I can't think of any.. the price may put you off but I think it 's a great value for AU$33 for 30ml considering it lasts a long time.
The description of the serum states:
An intensive oil-based silky serum that helps repair dry and damaged skin. Himalayan goji delivers up to 19 amino acids to replenish protein at a cellular level. Red raspberry seed oil blends with New Zealand blackcurrant, a rich source of essential fats like gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). South Pacific hibiscus flower and kiwi oil freshens your complexion, while berry fragrance imparts pure joy.
The serum contains lots of good ingredients mentioned in the description above like blackcurrant oil, goj berry extract, raspberry seed oil, hibiscus extract and Reishi mushroom extract.
This is another product that I have purchased since discovering Antipodes Nature products. I love using this serum in winter time when my skin is in need of intense hydration. I apply 2-3 drops at night time before my moisturiser and massage it into my face, neck and décolletage using upward strokes. I usually leave it for around 2-3 minutes to absorb then apply my moisturiser after. On days where my skin are not so parched and dry I skip the moisturiser and just finish with this serum. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels silky smooth and plump.
- Very hydrating especially in winter time when my skin needs extra intense hydration
- I wake up in the morning with healthy, silky smooth and plump skin
- It has a nice soft blackcurrent scent
- It is very hydrating and great for dry and mature skin
- A little bit goes a long way (one bottle lasts me around 4-6 months depending on how heavy I use it)
- It is a very rich oil so it does take a minute or two to absorb into the skin
- The price tag of AU$59 for 30ml bottle is quite steep but considering it lasts 4-6 months and it actually works to improve my skin it's a worthwhile investment